Currently, some genuine Canon toner cartridges supplied to Korea do not have a chip installed. Canon Korea's position is that the cause is a global semiconductor supply shortage.
Please check the model on the list below.
Let's find out how to distinguish genuine Canon cartridges supplied without a chip, inconveniences caused by not having a chip installed, and solutions.
1. How to distinguish
1) With Toner Chip
2) Without Toner Chip
3) The Difference of Without Chip Toner Cartridge Packing
2. Problems that arise
1) The remaining amount of toner is fixed at 100% until all toner is exhausted.
2) Toner preparation request alarm that occurs when the remaining amount of toner is low is not displayed.
3) When the toner is exhausted, the remaining toner level is displayed as 0% and printing stops.
-> If you do not always have a spare toner, printing may not be possible suddenly.
4) A toner cartridge error message pops up every time when the front cover is opened or the sleep mode is released when the power is turned on.
1) The problem of "2-4)" is cumbersome, but it can be solved by clicking the close button.
2) When printing is suddenly stopped due to the absence of remaining toner information
Prepare a spare toner cartridge as mentioned above.
A non-genuine toner chip is purchased separately and installed.